The end

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version.

What an adventure! On Thursday, the 30th of May 2019 at around 3 pm in 32 degree Celsius I arrived in Santiago de Compostela.The last two days of my journey still seem pretty surreal to me, even though some time has already passed. One night before my arrival in Santiago I slept in a convent in Hebron, exactly where the monks used to sleep. That alone was an experience all in its own.

Then, on my last walking day, I walked the hills up and down, after 12 pm every step was excruciating because of the heat. Especially in the suburbs of Santiago, where the heat was reflected by the buildings and streets and with almost no shadow.

However, simultaneously, the markers of my way finally showed numbers with only one digit before the point and I knew, that I would be able to make it for real. More than 270 km, 12 days of walking and so many people an faces later... and I was finally there.

The feeling was a little bit strange. Shortly before my arrival, when you have to fight your way through the small and crowded streets of the old town towards the cathedral, it does not feel like you even walked all this way. Going away was easy, arriving was not. However, when you walk around the last corner and finally see the cathedral, it takes your breath away.

At least I knew, that my sister would arrive from Germany in the evening. To pick her up from the bus station, so shortly after I had arrived myself was a great feeling. The last couple of days I spent with her, today we fly back to Germany.

With allt this in mind, I want to thank everybody for supporting me on my journey. I met so many nice people on this adventure and I hope I was able to inform many people about HSP. Simultaneously, I was given great support from my friends and family, as well.
I want to thank all of the people, that donated to HSP research and if you still want to donate, you can do so with the following details:

Donations Account:
Tom Wahlig Stiftung Jena
IBAN: DE 26 8305 3030 0000 031666
BIC: HELADEF1JEN 
Reference: walk in progress 

I will also post some pictures here in a couple of days, that I took of people, that I met, with my disposable camera. Unfortunately, I sometimes had forgotten to take pictures, but many people I got to love are in those pictures.


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage