A minor setback

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version.

On my second day I was able to walk another 30 km and arrived in a little charming village close to the beach called Fão. Here I am staying at Rita's place. Rita is a horribly nice woman, who has housed pilgrims for over 2 years. She immediately gave me cookies and fresh water, let me use her washing machine and gave me some tips for my pilgrimage.

Unfortunately I already had to go to the doctor on my second day. While I was still in Porto, I had been bitten by some kind of insect. In the beginning the bite was only itching and not as bad. However, as of now my whole ankle is swollen. I already had to walk the whole second day in my sneakers and that is exactly as much fun as one would think.

Regardless of some communication problems a nice doctor was able to help me and prescribed me a medicament and some ointment. Unfortunately she also told me, that it would be better if i did not walk for at least a day...

Which means i already have been benched for my third day and I walked 0 km today. At least I was able to stay a day longer with Rita, who showed me the neighbor town Esposende by car. On top of that i met a nice german mother/son-duo, that donated for my cause!

However, I really hope that I can go on tomorrow and that I will be able to do the whole walk. My motivation, at least, is still through the roof!


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage