The Preparations

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version.

My lasts minutes in Germany, then at 6:40 am my flight to Portogal to the lovely habour city Porto will start. I have been preparing for this trip for more than one month now. However,if everything fits into my backpack I only tested yesterday (it fits). That this is not a very long time to prepare I only realiyed after reading my first book about the portugese Way of St. James. After laying it to the side again, I thought, that everything will turn out just fine anyway - short preparations time nontheless.

Flights were booked really fast and most of the things I needed for the trip, e.g. a backpack and some hiking boots, are already owned. I just quickly bought a book about the portuguese Way of St. James and my pilgrims password and I was ready to go.

Since I wanted to raise donations, as well, I conated the Tom Wahlig Stiftung, created this blog and together with a friend I ordered some business cards with a small text about my journey and the infos for the donations account. So if you meet somebody handing out business cards on the Way of St. James that is most likely me.

I am really excited about the jouney itself. I love travelling, but I have never attempted a journey where i would walk most of the way myself. I think I will suffer a little bit. However, I am looking forward to the challenge and meeting many people.

If you want to join me on my way, you can also follow me on instagram.


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage