Why I am walking the way of St. James

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version.

Within the next three weeks I am going to walk from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. A little more than 250 km, only me, my backpack and the way ahead of me.

I am walking the Way of St. James for me, but also for my sister, who is not able to walk properly anymore. 2018 my sister was diagnosed with HSP, which is a rare genetic disease, that slowly takes away one's ability to walk.

Before my sister has been diagnosed, I had never heard of HSP and I think it is the same for many people reading this.
Unfortunately the illness has not yet been completely understood, so there is no effective therapy available as of now. You can only try to slow down the progress of the illness with different methods.

With the diagnosis all of a sudden my sister and I were stumbling over the littlest things (she was literally stumbling and I metaphorically). Seeing a loved one struggling, always makes me feel rather helpless.

However, I do not want to do nothing at all. Together with the Tom Wahlig Foundations, which has been supporting HSP research since 1998, I am going to raise donations on my way. All the donated money will go 100%, as the foundations covers all administrative costs.

If you want to support me on my way, you can consider donating. The information is as follows:

Donations Account

Tom Wahlig Stiftung Jena 
IBAN: DE 26 8305 3030 0000 031666 
BIC: HELADEF1JEN 
Reference: walk in progress 

But even if you are not able to donate, you can support me by sharing this blog with your friends and family. This way I am able to reach more people to support my cause and all the people affected by HSP.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage