The scavenger hunt starts

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version.

Walking the Way of St. James is basically like a scavenger hunt for adults. However, on the first couple of kilometers from the cathedral in Porto to the ocean there are no yellow arrows pointing your way. At least I was not able to spot any. Getting lost, however, is almost impossible. You just follow the other pilgrims. And even the one time I had taken the wrong turn, I was immediately sent back by a helpful native.

Regardless of that the way is really hard to miss. Following the ocean always does the trick. On the first day of my journey I already dismissed all my plans. Instead of walking 23 km to Larbruge, I walked almost 30km to Vila Chã. Walking itself was not as hard as I expected. You will always find a pilgrim to talk to and if you want to go alone that is fine, as well.

The only thing I am afraid of tomorrow, are my sore muscles. Who would have thought that a backpack of 9 kilograms can get so heavy so fast. At least I was lucky with my accommodations for the night, as I got the last available bed. By now a lot of messages have reached me from friends and family from all over the world, and I am happy to be supported by so many people.

Since it has been my first day on the Way of St. James, I also donated money to the Tom Wahlig foundation for HSP research. If you want to donate as well, here are the bank details:


Donations Account:

 Tom Wahlig Stiftung Jena 
IBAN: DE 26 8305 3030 0000 031666 
BIC: HELADEF1JEN
 Reference: walk in progress

100% of the donations are used for HSP research and providing information. However, even if you cannot donate, you can help me by sharing this blog!

With this in mind: Bom Caminho!





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage