The final Countdown

Bitte hier klicken für die deutsche Version. 

Only four days of my journey are left. With the way time is flying by, I get kind of melancholic... And that is coming from a person that was cursing this stupid idea a couple of days before.

Since I do not have to hurry as much anymore, I also have more free time in the evening. I've been meeting people from all over the world. Yesterday I had dinner with a group of Australian people, two Portuguese guys, a girl from Switzerland and another German. Today I meet a nice couple from Canada and had lunch with a couple of Irish people. I really like how international the camino is. I also meet two sisters again, that had stayed with me at the same place a couple of nights ago.

Since Tui there are also a lot more people walking the camino, too. So I actually haven't been walking on my own a lot lately. Instead of only arrows marking my way, there are stones with the distance to Santiago de Compostela on the way. I only have to do a bit more than 80 kilometers now, which is still kind of unbelievable to me.

However, tomorrow there is going to be a really steep part, too. So I will have to get up early, so that I can do it while it is still kind of cool. I cannot believe that I am actually looking forward to this. :)

Other than that the camino is really meditative. You get up, when you are not tired anymore, you walk and take breaks when you need to. You arrive, check in and go for shower. You wash your clothes, talk and have dinner. You only live day by day. I only realized it is Sunday, when I saw that the stores were closed. Overall that is a really calming feeling.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Das Ende

Halbzeit

Die letzten Tage